Inspect and investigate shipment characteristics to validate accurate application of all FedEx Freight rules and regulations, and the National Motor Freight Classification (NMFC) applications, for recovery of revenue. Review dimensional scan data, as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Review computer reports for shipment(s), identify and inspect specific commodities to ensure NMFC compliance
2. Provide inspection data research to the Pricing department regarding shipper's profile
3. Support freight analysis process by reviewing dimensional scan data and making revenue determination correction(s), as needed
4. Communicate implementation of all Freight Analysis related processes at service centers
5. Participate in office, operations, sales, dock, and driver pre-shift meetings to learn of updates/developments in the Freight Analysis process
6. Develop positive relationships and promote high morale with all employees
7. Assist regional and district leadership as needed
8. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
9. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* One (1) year transportation experience in an operations environment preferred
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Experience and ability to use Microsoft Office Software including Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Basic math, analytical and problem solving skills
* Good interpersonal, time management and organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
* Experience using Transportation/Freight Management computer systems preferred
* Ability to make decisions in a fast pace work environment
* Able to follow instructions and complete required education
* Ability to work independently and as a team member
* Must be able to climb in and out of trailers from ground level
* Ability to review basic data and make decisions
* Must be able to work different shifts and/or weekends
* Must be able to travel
* Exposure to varied weather conditions, exhaust, fumes, dust and noise in a dock environment
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com.
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.